Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Review of: In Class Practice for Memoir


Using time in class to help jump-start memoir ideas was really helpful. Starting off with three turning points helped me to narrow down some important life events that have happened to me. Limiting it to three was perfect because I had options, but a limited number so what I picked was important. What I picked was something that happened when I was 19 and that has and will have a huge impact for the rest of my life. Writing about that emotional event triggered a strong response inside of me and because of that I’m not sure if I want to write about it for my memoir. Over the weekend I practiced writing about it and throwing it away to see if it would lessen the intensity of it- but it did not work. It is a very intense topic for me and like I stated, I am not sure if I want to share it with others simply because it is very personal. The biggest thing the in-class time helped me with is that it lead me to another topic I want to explore writing about. It was something I didn’t originally put down as a turning point, but I thought about it while writing. I am going to explore that topic and probably a few more before I decide about my memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment