Thursday, March 27, 2014

Response to in Class Peer Review

1) What did I gain from the response I received from my reader?
2) What did I change as a result of the feedback I received? Explain. 
3) How did having someone else read my writing give me a different perspective on my writing?
4) What surprised me in having someone else read this essay? 
5) Add any thoughts you had during and after the peer response.

      I gained a better understanding of how my essay came across after our peer reflection session in class. I found little details that I forgot to put in because my belief and my story are so familiar to me. It was helpful to see what the reader wanted to learn more about and anywhere I confused her. I added in those missing details for Draft 2. I also changed around a few things to direct the story more where I wanted it to go. As I stated before, having someone else read my draft was helpful because it showed me what parts of the story she really picked up on and what she was confused about. The Velcro words and some of the questions surprised me because they were things that were so normal to me, but not the reader. It was interesting that I was paired with someone who I had been paired with for my Personal Memoir. I used a story in this essay that is under the same topic that I wrote my memoir about, so I felt like she already knew some of the information. Even though my reader was really helpful and thoughtful, it might have been better to either get paired up with someone who didn’t know my belief already or written about a different belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment