Thursday, April 10, 2014

Math Blog


This week has been an alright week at school. Nothing great or disastrous has happened, so I would describe it as “meh.” The most interesting thing I have going on is my Statistics 1220 class, Business Statistics. This is one of my favorite math classes I’ve ever taken. It goes at a very quick pace, so if you miss a day or don’t pay attention in class, then you really need to read the whole chapter sections on what you missed and make sure you have full understanding of it. What we are doing now is interesting because it is formulas and equations I know I will use farther along in business classes. I feel bad for my teacher sometimes though. I would guess about half the class is doing really poorly in the class right now and not putting in as much effort as they could. The teacher gets really upset when people don’t answer his questions in class, and I feel bad for him because he wants all the students to try as hard as they can. It would be really hard to be a teacher and have about half the class not really care about the grade or what you’re teaching. I know that I am doing all I can to get the most out of his class, and it saddens me that other students aren’t.

1 comment:

  1. I'm taking Statistics 1220 as well, and while it isn't too bad, it definitely isn't my favorite class. I completely agree with you that it's one of those classes where you have to pay attention. I missed class one day and was completely lost the next. I feel bad for my teacher too, I feel like all the kids in my class take advantage of him because he's understanding and easy going. Even if you don't want to be there, it's not that hard to answer questions. If I were a professor, I would hate to have a class where no one seems to care.

    ReplyDelete